commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: [pool] Changing build.xml to get commons-pool.jar instead of "Apache Tomcat.jar"
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 15:34:37 GMT
> I am making a <antcall> to build pool and the
> property "name" ends to be "Apache Tomcat".
> I have used
> <param name="name" value="commons-pool"/> in
> the <antcall> to work-around the problem.

Or you could set inheritAll="no" in your <antcall> and let pool's build.xml
set up its own properties.

[snip]

>> What change are you looking for? To set and use ${component.name}
>> instead of ${name}?

> Exactly. (like in beanutils,digester etc...). But
> collections behaves like pool.

Changing from ${name} to ${component.name} will reduce but not eliminate
property-naming conflicts.  Consider the case where we'd like to add an
<antcall> from pool to build collections, etc.  You'd still need that
<param> call on occasion, indeed it may be safest to have it.

> It would be nice to standardize the build.xml files a little.

Beware, you may reopen the maven/gump/centipede can-of-worms.

I'm open to but not especially energetic about making the commons
component's build processes more consistent.  Feel free to submit patches if
you'd like.