commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: [pool] Changing build.xml to get commons-pool.jar instead of "Apache Tomcat.jar"
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 14:28:36 GMT
I'm confused.  In jakarta-commons/pool/build.xml, we see:

      <property name="name" value="commons-pool"/>

and later on:

      <property name="dest.jardir.jar" value="${dest.jardir}/${name}.jar"/>

Running "ant dist" yields ./dist/commons-pool.jar.

I poke around (briefly) in the jakarta-tomcat-4.0 tree in CVS, and I don't
see tomcat trying to build pool directly at all.

Perhaps you have you set ${name} to "Apache Tomcat" in one of the three
build.properties pool is (optionally) looking for (in the root pool
directory, in that directory's parent, and in your home directory)?

> Therefore I want to change the build.xml to build commons-pool.jar.

What change are you looking for? To set and use ${component.name} instead of
${name}? To not look for build.properties in the parent dir (which is
more-or-less assumed to be jakarta-commons right now)?