commons-dev mailing list archives

From Arron Bates <ar...@keyboardmonkey.com>
Subject Re: [collections] - Few more collections for the masses... (impor tant for Struts view objects, maybe other projects)
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 16:49:09 GMT
1) What 8 interfaces?... There's only 2 that are valid.

2) They're currently small and simple. I don't see a need to over-engineer.

3&4) I'll get onto subList, but I don't fully agree that the rest
(Iterators) are relevant. For example, you want an Iterator when you
want to run over what is there, not what is "expected" to be there,
which is what these are for.

These collections are for when a system has a collection, and expects
objects to be at various places, they will be provided, or created and
provided where needed. But an Iterator is just "I want something
depicting the whole collection".

Arron.