commons-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: [pool] Changing build.xml to get commons-pool.jar instead of "Apache Tomcat.jar"
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 15:01:50 GMT
Waldhoff, Rodney wrote:
> I'm confused.  In jakarta-commons/pool/build.xml, we see:
>
>       <property name="name" value="commons-pool"/>
>
> and later on:
>
>       <property name="dest.jardir.jar"
> value="${dest.jardir}/${name}.jar"/>
>
> Running "ant dist" yields ./dist/commons-pool.jar.
>
> I poke around (briefly) in the jakarta-tomcat-4.0 tree in CVS, and I
> don't
> see tomcat trying to build pool directly at all.

That is in something I am trying to add to Tomcat.
I am making a <antcall> to build pool and the property "name" ends to be "Apache
Tomcat".
I have used <param name="name" value="commons-pool"/> in the <antcall> to
work-around the problem.

> Perhaps you have you set ${name} to "Apache Tomcat" in one of the three
> build.properties pool is (optionally) looking for (in the root pool
> directory, in that directory's parent, and in your home directory)?
>

>>Therefore I want to change the build.xml to build commons-pool.jar.
>

> What change are you looking for? To set and use ${component.name}
> instead of
> ${name}?

Exactly. (like in beanutils,digester etc...). But collections behaves like pool.
It would be nice to standardize the build.xml files a little.