commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Digester:
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 01:23:29 GMT
Just started using Digester and can't see built-in support for the
scenario where an attribute name doesn't map directly to a bean property
name. For instance, if I've got an element:

<proc name="shutdown" proc-type="admin"/>

and a bean with a procedureType property, how can I get the value of the
proc-type attribute into the procedureType property?

I've gone ahead and written my own rule to handle it, but it seems like
such a common occurrence that I must have missed something. Thanks for
any pointers.

Ah, apologies for reading Javadoc while composing, but can
CallMethodRule/CallParamRule do this?

digester.addObjectCreate("procs/proc", "ProcBean");
digester.addSetProperties("procs/proc");
digester.addCallMethod("procs/proc", "setProcedureType", 1);
digester.addCallParam("procs/proc", 0, "proc-type");

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>