commons-dev mailing list archives

From Uma Shankar K <ses...@yahoo.com>
Subject HttpConnection help
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 18:32:59 GMT
Hi,
  I am trying to use HttpClient.
  I am trying HttpConnection for persistent connection
between a standalone client and a servlet. I am
pasting the code here.  Though I could send data using
multiple postMethod.execute(), and receive them in
servlet, I could not do with streams got from
HttpConnection object.

SendChunks.java :
=================
public class SendChunks{
    public static void main(String a[]){
        try{
            HttpConnection con = new
HttpConnection("127.0.0.1",8080);
            con.open();

            PostMethod pm = new PostMethod("/");
            Header hdr = new
Header("Transfer-Encoding","chunked");
            pm.addRequestHeader("Content-type",
"text/html; charset=\"utf-8\"");

pm.addRequestHeader("Connection","Keep-Alive");

pm.addRequestHeader("Transfer-Encoding","chunked");

pm.addRequestHeader("Host","192.168.150.109");
            pm.setUseDisk(false);
            pm.setRequestHeader(hdr);

            RequestOutputStream rs =
(RequestOutputStream)con.getRequestOutputStream(true);
            rs.println("chunked line 1");
            rs.println("chunked line 2");

 	    con.close();
        }catch(Exception e){
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}

ServerServlet.java :
===================
public class ServerServlet extends HttpServlet {

    private static String[] buf = new String[1000];
    private static int readIndex = 0;
    private static int writeIndex = 0;

    protected void genericService(HttpServletRequest
request,
            HttpServletResponse response){

        try{
	   //check header
           System.out.println("chunked : " +
request.getHeader("Transfer-Encoding"));

           //read chunked data
           StringBuffer bufInput = new StringBuffer();
           ServletInputStream in =
request.getInputStream();
           for(int c = in.read(); c != -1; c =
in.read()) {
               if(c == -1) {
                   break;
               } else {
                   System.out.println("char :" + c);
                   bufInput.append((char)c);
               }
           }

           System.out.println("bufInput : " +
bufInput.toString());

        }catch(Exception e){
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

}

Any sample code/pointers will be of great help. (As I
could not get any resource in net, I am posting it
here.  And the code in test/ in cvs does not serve
this particular purpose.)
Regards,
Uma