commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Beaumier <eb2_mailingl...@yahoo.ca>
Subject [Commons-Validator] required validation type
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 23:54:32 GMT
Hi, I post it again ...

Actually the validateRequired use the generic method
isBlankOrNull for consequence, if the INPUT text field
is not in the <FORM> it prompt an error "is required".

Could we have another type (ex: "notblank") allowing
the validation only if present?  Because to avoid
recreation of the same <form> definition in
validation.xml with the field or not ...

Because we reuse the <form> in validation.xml for
different JSP page ... treated the same fields name.

Thanks.