commons-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Sanders <sand...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commons logging question
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 19:53:59 GMT
I have just committed a fix to CVS that fixes this problem.

Ask Craig requested, I tested it with the latest nightly build of tomcat 4, and it worked
just fine.

I would think we should prepare to do a 1.0.1 release as this is not a very happy error.

Scott

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 03:33:46PM -0500, Steve Cohen wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I got this problem by trying to run in a servlet under JRun 3.0.  In that environment,
I found that you have to put commons-logging.jar and the log4j jar into the JRun server's
lib directory, not the web app's lib.  That solved that for me.  Whether that would be remedied
by your fix, I'll leave for others to decide.  Class loading gives me a headache.

Scott Sanders - sanders@apache.org