commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: Fw: [GUMP] how to point the finger?
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 18:18:12 GMT
On 03 May 2002 08:05:59 +0200, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 02 May 2002, Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com> wrote:
>
> > I think is a good start, but IMO should be integrated not only with
> > the build process, but also with the automated test frameworks.
>
> All that needs to be done for this is that you make Gump run the tests
> as well.  Gump already does so for a couple of projects (Xalan, Ant,
> Log4J and several others).

But we need to log the results of the testsuite at every run, perhaps
in a database, and compare the results of a new run with the latest
ones. If expected failures now pass, or new failures appear, they
should be noted. The dependency projects whose code has changed since
the last run should be notified whenever another project that depends
on them has new regressions.

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>