commons-dev mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Servlet
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 17:30:26 GMT
That's probably just a dependecy for testing.  We have
a webapp that we use for some of our unit tests.  I'd
be surprised (and concerned) if the servlet jar were a
runtime dependency.

--- "Amir D. Kolsky" <amir@kolsky.com> wrote:
> I am trying to compile HttpClient under JB6.
>
> I got the source from CVS and started to compile.
> After adding JUnit and Log4J as required libraries I
> got hit with Javax.Servlet.
>
> This has me stumped. Why is HttpClient having
> anything to do with Servlets? Servlets are client
> side objects...
>
> This pulls in a J2EE dependency!
>
> Puzzled, Amir

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:497)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:350)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:400)

> If the system is finding
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory, why can't it
> find org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl?
>  They're in the same jar which I've simply
> downloaded from the site.
>
> 2. Though puzzled by #1, even if I wasn't getting
> that exception, something would be wrong, since I
> thought I had set up to not use the default
> mechanism.  It should have found log4j first.  I
> used the second method described in the docs under
> "Choosing A LogFactory Implementation".  Evidently
> I've done something wrong.  The file

META-INF/services/org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
> exists and contains the line
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory
>
> This seems like it ought to work but doesn't.
>
> The documentation doesn't say which JAR this belongs
> in.  I assumed it meant the war file for my
> application.  Is this wrong?

> Steve Cohen
> Sr. Software Engineer
> Ignite Sports, Inc.