commons-dev mailing list archives

From rice...@netscape.net (Rice Yeh)
Subject ClassCastException raised in newFactory() method when starting from JUnit test
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 12:25:25 GMT
Hi all,

  Just wonder why ClassCastException is raised at line 496 of LogFactory in newFactory() method
when running as a JUnit test? I found this problem when running RequiredNameTest in commons-validator.
When casting a class to some superclass, does classloader from other thread form a namespace
and so can NOT cast it? Java language spec seems not regulate this. I have proven this with
a small program.
  Attached are JUnit test files I use to study this problem.

Regards,
Rice