commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Schneider" <bschnei...@vecna.com>
Subject [dbcp]: Oracle "too many open cursors error"
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 13:21:52 GMT
I've been using the dbcp BasicDataSourceFactory with Tomcat, as a
replacement for Tyrex brokenness.  I ran into some trouble with it under
heavy load: after running it for a while I end up with an Oracle "too many
open cursors error".

The problem is a combination of dbcp code and application code.  The
application code was written with the (possibly incorrect) assumption that
calling conn.close() resets the connection, closing any associated
statements, such that the connection is good-as-new if it's recycled and
reassigned.

This worked fine until bringing in DBCP, because the statements are

to being able to call conn.close(),