commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Kitching" <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject digester needs SAXParser.getXMLReader
Date Sun, 12 May 2002 22:48:31 GMT
I have been using digester with java1.4 quite happily.
I now need to deploy the app on java1.3; I expected to have to place a
suitable xml parser implementation in the classpath.

However, it appears that Digester needs the following method:
   javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.getXMLReader
This is not provided by either Xerces 2.0.1 OR crimson 1.1.3 (I get
NoSuchMethod and javap on the class doesn't show it).

The java 1.4 docs indicate that this method should exist; there is no
"since version x" note on this method,
so I have no idea if it is a "new" method or not.

Any suggestions how I can use Digester on java 1.3?

Thanks,

Simon