commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [SANDBOX-CLI] Multiple value support added
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:37:44 GMT

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, bob mcwhirter wrote:

> > I would agree, except that Sun seem happy to use the -buildfile style.
> > Supporting both seems important to me.
>
> That's a slipperly slope though.  We're all angered when Microsoft
> embraces and extends a technology or standard.  I think we should have
> a similar reaction when Sun, IBM or anyone else does it too.

Not so sure. I'd expect VB developers to follow the MS embrace and extend,
so why should we Java plebs not follow Sun? :) It is irritating though
yeah.

> It'd be fine, if we follow John's suggestion of having different
> styles of parser, possibly even with the POSIX one as the default.
> You should have to go out of your way to do something non-standard
> (non-POSIX, in this case).

+1

If I can find some time I keep meaning to pour through CLI and push as
much as I can from the one I use into it. In my continuing quest to dump
my own code and replace it with Apache code.

Hen