commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [pool] PROPOSAL: add collecting of statistics to pool implementations
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:12:02 GMT

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> You have no imagination. ;P

How can you! I came up with the whole Lego analogy as well. Along with
every other programmer in the world I think.

> In the last case, its easy: mod_webapp is replacing mod_jk.

I'm a consumer in this case, it was all very confusing when I researched
it and needs better docs :)

> > Like having a regulator who walks around the system checking that everyone
> > is still following the initial project plan.
>
> I doubt you will ever get that through the voting process.  There are
> too many developers in Jakarta land that oppose strong project
> management.

Yeah, I'm not even sure I'd vote for it. But it does seem like it might
work. Basically a way to raise to the entire project community that a pair
of projects seem to be causing confusion to the consumer. I assume the
committee at the top does that.

> > How does this sound? I guess the actual end result would be that
> > Avalon/Commons would somehow have to display a clear description of how
> > they relate. Ditto for JJAR/Maven.
>
> All that would happen is a bunch of "this project is better because XYZ"
> and there would be little objective data to back up the claims.

I think you're right.

Hen