commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Commons-API (was Re: [pool] PROPOSAL: add collecting of statistics to pool implementations)
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:49:47 GMT
> I think Costin's points are valid, but am not of the belief that just
> because there are good sides to duplication that the bad sides shouldn't
> be attempted to be dealt with.

Of course - I also suggested something on that direction.

I just think that you can not and should not force people away from any
duplication but I agree with other measures that help avoiding those bad
sides.

If people are a bit pushed into knowing well the previous/concurrent
versions of the wheel they are trying to reinvent and if the potential
user is made aware of the alternatives the situation can get much better.

Have fun,
Paulo