commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Anjan" <an...@bluewireless.com>
Subject RE: Question about DBCP
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:42:16 GMT
Hi Eric!,

	I was using poolman in our NON open-source product but eventually
moved to DBCP -- it works fine for me.

	Did you look at JOCLPoolingDriverExample.java in the doc directory ?
This gives a sample of how the DriverManager uses the "jdbc.drivers"
property.

	When DriverManager loads, it looks for the property jdbc.drivers
and then loads all the drivers specified in this property(Be sure to
separate the drivers in this property using COLONs and NOT SEMI-COLONs.
You don't have to use Class.forName() on it since JDBC(1.2 JDK and later)
uses this property to load all the drivers and initialize the
drivers(actually
the drivers register with the DriverManager when they are loaded).

If you want to know more, you can look into the source of DriverManager in
the JDK
source.
	You will know that pooling is working by the speed with which the
connections
are obtained when you use DriverManager.getConnection(url);

Best Regards,
ANJAN. B