commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject Optz - Command Line Processing
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:28:11 GMT
Hi,

I have written a command line processing library called Optz.  I want to
release this under an opensource license.  If it is appropriate to be
used
by Apache tools implemented in Java then I would like to donate it to the
jakarta effort.

A detailed description of Optz is available in draft form at:
   http://www.integralsource.com/optz/index.html

I have looked at CLI in the commons sandbox (I had written optz before
this
proposal was pointed out to me).  It does not support some of the
features
that Optz does.  I don't know what the procedure is to submitting a
proposal
or for collaborating on a proposal.

The unit tests are still incomplete and I need to complete the javadoc
but
apart from that it is in a fairly usable state.

Cheers,
-John K