commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: [JJAR] Status? Jar Repository?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:31:40 GMT
On 4/16/02 10:30 AM, "Morrison, John" <> wrote:

>> From: Geir Magnusson Jr. []
>> I don't think there is a problem, as they are different.
>> JJAR doesn't come
>> close to what Maven does.  There may be overlap in the
>> functionality in that
>> Maven needed to have similar functionality as a part of
>> itself, but that's a
>> different issue.
> Could Maven make use of JJAR?

Yes.  Should it now?  I don't think so.

Should gump?  Yes.  Should it now?  I don't think so.

Right now, I think that the needs of Gump and Maven aren't supported by JJAR
in the way that Gump and Maven need them.  In the future, as things are
clearer, I hope that things can come together....  But I can't see why it
would be forced now.

Geir Magnusson Jr.
System and Software Consulting
"He who throws mud only loses ground." - Fat Albert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message