commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [JJAR] Status? Jar Repository?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:00:18 GMT
On 4/16/02 8:47 AM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:

> From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@optonline.net>
>
> On 4/16/02 8:16 AM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>> As for the jar repository, is it possible to anhance the jjar repository
>>> with uptodate versions.
>>>
>>> I can do it myself for the jars I use by putting them in the jjar repo,
> just
>>> want to know if it's ok.
>>
>> Yes - Just Do It
>>

> :-D
>
> :-?
> Ok, but I've just realized that I dont know where to do the update!
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jjar/repository.xml
> where do I update this?

I just put that there for visibility :)  The real version should be in CVS.

> Is this the right place to put a repository (just curious of the available
> options)?
>
> Since we will start to use it seriously, does this still apply?
> "
> Further this is currently not an official Jakarta Commons project, but a
> well-organized sandbox project. Therefore, production dependencies are
> discouraged.
> "

Of course :)  'discouraged', not 'forbidden' :)

I still think it's too sucky for proposal as a real project, but if we start
to use it heavily, I think we'll learn  much.  Right now it's a bit of
handwaving and dreaming.

> Thanks a bunch :-D
>
> --
>           - verba volant, scripta manent -
>  (discussions get forgotten, just code remains)

System and Software Consulting
"We will be judged not by the monuments we build, but by the monuments we
destroy" - Ada Louise Huxtable