commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [logging] Need interface... VOTE
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:37:39 GMT
On 4/5/02 11:25 AM, "Christoph Reck" <Christoph.Reck@dlr.de> wrote:

> Geir, could you agree in having the o.a.c.l build file pop out an
> logifc.jar with what you want instead of creating another o.a.c.gl
> package with practically the same interfaces as in o.a.c.l ?

I'm the one groveling for change :)  I'll agree to anything (well, most
things...)

I would think that would work, but there is still the problem of opposition
to the marker interface as a first class citizen...  Also, it would be good
to somehow be clear about when it's ok to pull from the aether...  Right now
that's assumed all the time in o.a.c.l

> Just my 0.02c: If you look at the commons(-sandbox) its hard to
> identify what you need - "you don't see the forest because of the
> many trees".

Imagine....

System and Software Consulting
My inner cowboy needs to yodel.