commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject [pool] 1.0 release soon (was RE: [pool] PROPOSAL: add collecting of statistics to pool implementations)
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:48:18 GMT
> I'd like to do one in the next day or so, if
> there are no remaining gotcha bugs.

I added an abstract BaseObjectPool this morning, for forward compatibility.
I'd like to do the same for KeyedObjectPool, but it shouldn't take very
long.

I've been expanding the docs a bit today, but that could continue after a
1.0 release, it's really just improving the online site.

If anyone is strongly bothered by ObjectPool.numIdle() and
ObjectPool.numActive() versus the getXXX() style, now might be the right
time to change it, although it may already be too late depending upon how
broadly pool is being used.

Thoughts?