commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: commons-cache, Rodney Waldhof
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:42:14 GMT
Hi Nathan,

Sorry I didn't get back to you on your direct note, I've been a bit busy.

I wouldn't consider the Cache subproject "active".  Several months ago there
was some talk on the list about a cache sub-project, so I stuck the cache
implementation that I've been using (and still do) at my day job in the
sandbox.  It works reasonably well (I'm not aware of any significant bugs),
but I don't think there's been much if any development on it sent it was
imported.

You may want to take a look at the simplestore project in the
commons-sandbox. I believe that's also a cache impl, and one that's
significantly more actively developed.  (For that matter, it looked like
there was some work over at jakarta-taglibs on caching-tags similar to what
the commons[-sandbox]-cache project supports.  Otherwise if you'd like to
make changes to the cache project, feel free to submit patches to that as
well.

 - Rod