commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] : DelegatingConnection/PoolableConnection Bug ?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:13:22 GMT
I wrote:

> I'm also a little confused as to
> its purpose, but it shouldn't be too
> difficult to do the wrapping at the
> Pool level instead of the PoolableObjectFactory
> (ConnectionFactory) level.  This may
> actually simplify a number of things, in
> addition to making the behavior you describe:
> [...]
> easy to do as well.

But on second thought, there's a reason DBCP isn't creating a new wrapper
each time: DBCP supports PreparedStatement pooling, and these statements are
pooled per Connection.  When pooling statements, we need to keep around the
pool of Statements, and we need be able to associate the pool with its
Connection.

Returning a new Connection object in response to each getConnection call is
possible, but would take some refactoring.  I have fixed the isClosed bug
Anjan reported though, as discussed in a separate email.

- rod