commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Amir D. Kolsky" <a...@kolsky.com>
Subject RE: Community (was: Re: You make the decision (was Re: Quick! convertall yourprojects to maven!))
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:21:38 GMT
I am very weary of any NIH type sentiment, is it might eventually lead to massive wastes of
effort.

I am aware of neither Maven nor Krysalis, so I can't comment on anything but the dogfood sentiment.

Dogs don't really care where their food come from, they just eat it...

Yours truly,
Fido

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Scott Stevens [mailto:jon@latchkey.com]
Sent: Wed, May 01, 2002 1:17 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Community (was: Re: You make the decision (was Re: Quick!
convertall yourprojects to maven!))

on 4/30/02 3:04 PM, "Amir D. Kolsky" <amir@kolsky.com> wrote:

> "Krysalis isn't our own dog food."
>
> Arrrrrgh.... NIH....

Yes. I admit that I'm biased towards Jakarta technologies, but it has
nothing to do with NIH (focus on invented), think of it more like me being
community centered.

The same reason why I use Catalina instead of Jetty. Both are good
containers, it is just that Catalina came from here and this is my community
that I belong to.

I support the community I belong to. Simple.

Now, why doesn't Krysalis join with Maven? Would that be calling the
Krysalis developers NIH? I don't think so...it is their choice.

I also gave valid technical reasons why I prefer Maven....however, you
choose to focus on the dog food statement. Yawn. I await your patches.

-jon