commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Amir D. Kolsky" <a...@kolsky.com>
Subject RE: [HTTPCLIENT] Suggestion: Uniform parameter handling
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:15:15 GMT
This might cause confusion as there is nothing that precludes a QueryString to be used with
a POST request.

If you want to add QueryString manipulation, that it should be added to the base as it pertains
to all classes... addParameter only pertain to POST, hence it should not be available to the
other Methods...

-----Original Message-----
From: Waldhoff, Rodney [mailto:rwaldhof@us.britannica.com]
Sent: Wed, April 24, 2002 6:33 PM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List'
Subject: RE: [HTTPCLIENT] Suggestion: Uniform parameter handling

Sounds OK to me. I don't know of anyone implementing HttpMethod directly,
though it's a valid concern.

I assume this means that for everything but POST, the
setParameter/addParameter/removeParameter methods will modify the query
string, (and hence shouldn't be used in conjunction with setQueryString)
while POST will continue to use these methods to modify the request body?
Perhaps distinct setParameter/addParameter/removeParameter methods for the
query string and the body?

 - Rod