commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Promote "Modeler" from Sandbox to Commons, Release 1.0
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:15:33 GMT
The "modeler" package in jakarta-commons-sandbox provides easy APIs to
create Model MBeans (see the JMX Specification) in server-side
applications, based on configuration data loaded from an XML document.  It
is used in the nightly builds of Tomcat 4 (and in the Tomcat 4.1.0 test
release) to provide the back-end JMX MBeans required for the new
administrative web application in Tomcat.  The code has been stable for
several months, and there are no outstanding bug reports against it.

I am calling this vote to (a) promote the "modeler" package from the
sandbox to commons proper (with the initial developers as listed in the
STATUS.html file), and (b) release the current modeler code base as a 1.0
release (I will act as release manager).  Because these are two different
actions, I've listed the votes separately in case people have different
opinions about the two actions (although the first is a prerequisite for
the second).

---------- Cut Here ----------
Vote to promote the "modeler" package from Sandbox to Commons proper
[ ] +1 I am in favor of this action and will help
[ ] +0 I am in favor of this action but cannot help
[ ] -0 I am not in favor of this action
[ ] -1 I am opposed to this action and here is why:

Vote to release Commons Modeler 1.0:
[ ] +1 I am in favor of this action and will help
[ ] +0 I am in favor of this action but cannot help
[ ] -0 I am not in favor of this action
[ ] -1 I am opposed to this action and here is why:

I am +1 on both of these.

Craig