commons-dev mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Latka] "echo" tag
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:00:54 GMT
Works for me.  There are actually two places now where
I want to use the echo tag.  The first is at the head
of every category of tests.  We also divide up our
tests into independently runnable sections, but we
have a couple of end-to-end suites that synthesize all
the other suites; finding failing tests in that run
can be a bit painful.

The other place I want to use it is before tests that
have been commmented out.  We're going to hook Latka
into our automated build process, and under ordinary
circumstances the build will fail if any Latka test
doesn't pass.  But sometimes we will want to release
with a known bug, which we'll fix in a follow-up
release.  Putting an echo tag by a commented-out test
reminds us that it still needs to be fixed.

- Morgan