commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DBCP build.xml patch
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 05:24:03 GMT

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Chad Johnson wrote:

> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:19:33 -0500
> From: Chad Johnson <chad@johnson.name>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: DBCP build.xml patch
>
> Hey,
>   Have you got any work / tasks that you feel comfortable doling out
> relating DBCP or POOL?  I recently got fairly comfortable with the DBCP /
> POOL code base while giving it a test run.  I'd definitely enjoying taking a
> whack at helping it get to 1.0 soon.

There was a recent email about supporting the getConnection() method that
takes a username and password as arguments.  It would be really cool to
address that in a 1.0 time frame.

In addition, suggesting performance optimizations on dbcp (and the
underlying pool implementations) is always on topic :-).

> -Chad Johnson

Craig