commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] PropertyUtils and DynaBeans (getPropertyDescriptors)
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:44:26 GMT
I agree with keeping expression evaluation separate from DynaBeans.  Not
only does this provide for consistency (what method on a standard JavaBean
knows how to interpret "one.two[3].four(5)" :-), but different
applications might want to use different expression language syntaxes --
and baking a particular one into the beans themselves would really hamper
this.

Craig