commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Need interface... VOTE
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 00:00:31 GMT

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:52:21 -0500
> From: Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@optonline.net>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [logging]  Need interface...  VOTE
>
> On 4/5/02 6:09 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> >

> >> I looked for docs on how to setup the web.xml for tc4 to specify my ctx
> >> factory, but didn't find them when I looked.  I assume they are there
> >> somewhere?
> >>

> > Short answer:  You don't configure the factory in web.xml -- that goes in
> > server.xml.  See the jndi-resource-howto.html page for the details.
> >
> > Longer answer (assuming you really want a LogFactory instead, which is
> > more likely, but the concepts are all the same):
> >

> [SNIP]
>
> Thx!  This is great.

You will note that this approach requires no changes to the current
commons-logging code -- it just ignores the static methods you don't like,
in the same way that I'm going to ignore the fact that the JSP Standard
Tag Library has tags for SQL access in JSP pages but still happily use all
the rest of them :-).

> --
> Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     geirm@optonline.net

Craig