commons-dev mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: isDebugEnabled()
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 19:13:49 GMT

--- "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Samip Ladhawala wrote:

<snip/>

> > I want to use this class in a servlet. And without
> going in to code I
> > want to switch to disable and enable logging (may
> be thru XML). Does
> > anybody know this? Please help!!!
> >

> The commons-logging APIs are just a wrapper around a
> logging
> implementation.  Configuration is the responsibility
> of that
> configuration, so check the docs for whatever you
> are actually using.
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Samip.
>
> Craig McClanahan

Unless you're trying to use the simple logger that is
built into the logging component.  Then there are
properties you need to set to enable/disable the
"debug" log level.  I don't think anyone would
recommend taking that route though; you are better off
utilizing an underlying logging implementation like
Log4J.  IMO the simple logger is not useful for much
more than debugging the logging component itself.

- Morgna

=====
Morgan Delagrange
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs