commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: isDebugEnabled()
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 19:08:41 GMT

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Samip Ladhawala wrote:

> Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:55:02 -0800 (PST)
> From: Samip Ladhawala <samip_ladhawala@yahoo.com>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: isDebugEnabled()
>

> Hi,
>
> Which configuration file is this function (isDebugEnabled()) looking at?
> I mean if I want to switch from enable to disable and from disable to
> enable, where can I do that?

It's looking at whatever underlying logging implementation you're using.
For example, if you are using Log4J it would be the appropriate
"log4j.properties" file.

> I want to use this class in a servlet. And without going in to code I
> want to switch to disable and enable logging (may be thru XML). Does
> anybody know this? Please help!!!

The commons-logging APIs are just a wrapper around a logging
implementation.  Configuration is the responsibility of that
configuration, so check the docs for whatever you are actually using.

> Thanks,
>
> Samip.

Craig McClanahan