commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problems passing DynaBean and DynaClass instances as arguments
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:22:22 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wellie W. Chao" <wchao@caraveltech.com>
> I'm having problems passing DynaBean and DynaClass objects as arguments,
> whether to static class methods within another class or to EJB objects. I
> get the following error:
>
> java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/apache/commons/beanutils/DynaClass
> violates loader constraints

This usually signifies a ClassLoader problem. Maybe commons-beanutils.jar is
on the System classpath and also inside a WEB-INF/lib or something like
that?

> Is it possible to pass DynaBean and DynaClass objects as arguments, either
> to normal methods

Sure, they are regular java objects.

> or (potentially) across the network to EJB objects?

Right now I don't think DynaBean / DynaClass are Serializable so they can't
be used as arguments to EJBs - that should probably be fixed I guess.

James