commons-dev mailing list archives

From jbjk <j...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Optz - Command Line Processing
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:38:41 GMT
Hi James,

> I only had a cursory look at Optz and it looks similar-ish to CLI (which is
> based on an existing implementaiton by Bob and merged with some ideas from
> Peter's). Would it be possible to combine any new features/abilities of Optz
> into CLI? It'd be nice just to have one library for working with command
> line arguments rather than maintaining 2 seperate ones that are quite
> similar. Or if you think Optz differs greatly from CLI maybe you could
> explain how/why we should move over to Optz instead?
I haven't done much to Optz since I sent the mail.  I can grab CLI
from CVS and have a proper look at it.  If I can fit my code into
the CLI library I will.  If I think it is too much effort or not
feasible I will post my reasons to the list.

I'll post with my progress on the issue later in the week.

Cheers,
-John K