commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Need interface...
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:39:52 GMT
From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@optonline.net>

> On 4/5/02 3:23 AM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
>

> > Pleeeease, can commons and Avalon stop picking at each other and make a
> > UNIFIED logging wrapper that can be used as push, pull, or whatever?!?
> >
> > Or do you want me to add a commoncommonslogging package in the sandbox?
> >
> > AFAIK, nothing prevents me from doing it.
>
> I just proposed this earlier - I called naturallog - just have a set of
> interfaces, policy free....

Ok, let's do it. Sorry if I didn't know you proposed it, this thread has
become too noisy to understand.

But I think, from what I read, that we have a common view on this: heck with
the implementations, I want a clean interface!!!

Let's do it and see what happens.
I'm signing up for it.

As for the name, why not "justlog"?
It says it all in the name.