commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@eurobell.co.uk>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] PropertyUtils and DynaBeans (getPropertyDescriptors)
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:23:43 GMT

From: Craig R. McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org
> > There
> > doesn't seem to be any way to use the one.two[0].three(four) type syntax
> > however. Maybe this could be added.
> >

> It's already there, but not in the DynaBeans themselves ... :-)

This is what I was getting at. If DynaBeans were to become used as the main
interface (instead of PropertyUtils), then DynaBeans would need to support
this notation.

This could be done either by adding to the DynaBean interface:
getNested(String)
setNested(String, Object)
or by changing the javadoc and implementation of get(String) and set(String,
Object)

Any views on the better approach?

> The property getter/setter methods in PropertyUtils and BeanUtils work on
> either standard JavaBeans or on DynaBeans, so you can use the exact same
> property syntax on them.

Thus implementation should be easy ;-)

Stephen