commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <>
Subject RE: Question about DBCP
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:25:58 GMT
Sorry, hit send button too quick.  I am attaching my JUnit test that I am
working with.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Pugh []
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 10:20 AM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List'
Subject: Question about DBCP

Hi all,

Can anyone provide pointers to open source sites using DBCP?  I am trying to
get DBCP to work with DbForms (  DbForms currently uses
Poolman as it's suggested pool for JDBC connections, but it badly needs
something newer and easier to set up!

I have managed to tweak the class ManualPoolingDataSourceExample to work
with MSSql Server.  However, what is confusing to me is how in the example
my jdbc driver is passed in?  I see it goes in from the commandline
as -Djdbc.drivers=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver, but I never see how it
get's used.  In addition, when i hardcoded my driver, I couldn't get it to
work until I added a
Class.forName("") at the top of
the code in my copy of ManualPoolingDataSourceExample.

Can someone give me some pointers on how the -Djdbc.drivers value actually
get's registered with the DriverManager?

Also, how can I verify that I am actually pooling connections, versus
creating a new one over and over?

I have attached my copy of ManualPoolingDataSourceExample that I have
renamed to ManualPoolingDataSourceTest, and am using under JUnit to test.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message