commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joaquin Salvachua <...@dit.upm.es>
Subject Re: Latka notes
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:28:01 GMT
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Serge Knystautas wrote:
Hello,

> 1. meta process for test definition generation/maintenance
> I'd like to define a "meta" XML file for a webapp that could declare
> something like "all HTML pages and JSPs" in this webapp should be tested.
> Then new meta process code would use that meta XML to check that the Latka
> test definition meets these requirements... it would the recurse through the
> files in a webapp and look for them in the latka test file.
>
> If there were gaps, the meta check could either a) fail with a list of pages
> that aren't included or (my preference) b) add them to the test file with
> some comments (and stop before running the latka test).  By default it could
> just require 200 status codes for those newly spotted pages.  The tester
> could then look at the bottom of the latka test file, and cut and paste the
> definitions up to suites or to more understandable places in the file, and
> otherwise flesh out the validations.

RDF may be perfect for this. Is an w3 consortium standard for metadata.
Was develop to model the p3p web annotation application but is growing
very fast.
(http://www.w3.org/RDF/)
The semantic web vision is developing over it:

perhaps i can develop a model for the tests (i made some formal testing of
ISO protocols some years ago).

regards

Joaquin

> Comments?
>
> Serge Knystautas
> Loki Technologies - Unstoppable Websites
> http://www.lokitech.com/
>

> --

Joaquin Salvachua               tel: +34 91 549 57 00  x.367
Associated Professor                 +34 91 549 57 62  x.367
dpt. Telematica
E.T.S.I. Telecomunicacion
Ciudad Universitaria S/N         fax: +34 91 336 73 33
E-28040  MADRID   SPAIN

mailto: jsalvachua@dit.upm.es // http://www.dit.upm.es/~jsr