commons-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Saegesser <Marc.Saeges...@apropos.com>
Subject RE: [httpclient] release and development questions
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:35:01 GMT
We need the 'must have' list of things that have be complete prior to a
release.  You already mentioned the switch to commons-logging.  I'd like to
finish up the test cases for the new HttpMultiClient stuff.

We need to review all the Bugzilla items posted against HttpClient and make
sure that they all either fixed or 'resolved later'.  The 'RESLOVED LATER'
issues need a good explanation in the comments field about why it isn't
feasible for the current release.

Jon beat me up in tomcat-dev last year when I was RM for Tomcat 3.2.2 and
tried to skate by without addressing all the Tomcat Bugzilla issues (there
were about 300 at the time, IIRC).  But, he was right.

It might be appropriate to cut a beta release now to elicit more comments
from the user community.

Marc Saegesser