commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: [httpclient] release and development questions
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:57:28 GMT
One could argue that few changes is a sign of stability, not instability.
Have you been experiencing specific bugs?

-----Original Message-----
From: Xiaowei Jiang [mailto:xiaowei@stratify.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 1:11 PM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List'
Subject: [httpclient] release and development questions

I'm currently using HttpClient in my crawler project. It seems to be the
only Java HttpClient which has compatible license for a comercial product.
However, in the process, I find the stability of httpclient a big issue. I
looked into the CVS and find that there was almost no checkins for the last
month. As the stability of an Http Client is a must for a crawler project,
I'm very interested to know if there is any definite development and release
plans for httpclient? I would also be appreciated if anyone can point to
some alternatives. Thanks!

Xiaowei Jiang