commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: [COLLECTIONS] Avalon's BucketMap meets commons?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 06:50:58 GMT

From: Gerhard Froehlich [mailto:g-froehlich@gmx.de]

> Hi,
> we introduced a new Collection class "the BucketMap"
> into Avalon Excalibur some days ago:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/src/java/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/collections/BucketMap.java

> BTW: It doesn't implement the Map interface, yet

I see that it now does implement Map, but that it violates the contract of Map.
eg:
	public Set keySet() - "The set is backed by the map, so changes to the map are reflected
in the set, and vice-versa"

In the BucketMap implementation, this is not the case.

Are there plans to correct that?
I'm not on the avalon lists, so I'm not sure where it's at.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may