commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason R Lee" <jr...@novocorp.com>
Subject Db bean issue
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:20:02 GMT
Hello anyone who's out there,

I have an 'issue' that is rearing its head again and wld like to get anyones take on it. It
concerns beans & db and the lack (or maybe not) of a kinda jakarta proj/framework like
struts, but addresses the back end.

I know, there's EJB, etc... But, after working on EJB and non-EJB projects, I'm not convinved
EJB is any more scalable or distributable than a good implementation of data aware beans -
or something along those lines.

I helped design a quite popular, big air travel site that took a non-EJB approach and worked
well and scaled across 15 Sun boxes without a hitch. However, the implementation was a little
complex and now that I'm working on another project, I'd like to have the same thing at a
simpler level.

So I guess I'm just kinda saying hi to the Commons proj and trying to see if anyone has thought
about this issue. Especially since there is no Jakarta sub-project or Commons portion addressing
this issue.

Thanks and hi,

- Jason