commons-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <>
Subject Re: Db bean issue
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:21:25 GMT
Sorry for the self plug, since we are on a topic of bean persistence
frameworks, you may take a look at Cayenne at It is still in pre-alpha (mostly since
GUI tools and user guides are still being developed). We based it on
existing working design (WebObjects).

It works using XML mapping file (hence - GUI tools to help to create
it). This solves 90% of persistence problems (and actually helps with a
cleaner database design with normalized tables with fewer DB hacks and
fewer cases where you would need to use stored procedures. etc.).

I guess combining it with Jakarta frameworks like beanutils will allow
to use it in an even more transparent fashion with arbitrary beans.

Juozas Baliuka wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried a lot of persitence frameworks, but some of them are not
> transactional, some not "Transparent", some not documented.
> You can test Torque, Castor and ObjectBridge or use JAWS from JBoss
> directly.
> I use ObjectBridge and  simplestore is going to be a good choise.
> ObjectBridge seems is the best of them at this time.
> Hmm, actually I spent some time this week with jetspeed/turbine/torque and,
> well, I kinda felt that I was looking from something that I could 'plug-in'
> vs. a development framework.
> Altho, Turbine wld i guess match my comment of a 'struts for the backend', I
> guess I need to narrow it down more towards a specific bean <-> database
> persistence framework.
> I am checking out tho, the other 2 links that were sent earlier.
> Thanks to all

- Andrei (a.k.a. Andrus) Adamchik
Home of Cayenne - O/R Persistence Framework
email: andrus-jk at objectstyle dot org

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message