commons-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <andrus...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Db bean issue
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:21:25 GMT
Sorry for the self plug, since we are on a topic of bean persistence
frameworks, you may take a look at Cayenne at
http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/. It is still in pre-alpha (mostly since
GUI tools and user guides are still being developed). We based it on
existing working design (WebObjects).

It works using XML mapping file (hence - GUI tools to help to create
it). This solves 90% of persistence problems (and actually helps with a
cleaner database design with normalized tables with fewer DB hacks and
fewer cases where you would need to use stored procedures. etc.).

I guess combining it with Jakarta frameworks like beanutils will allow
to use it in an even more transparent fashion with arbitrary beans.