commons-dev mailing list archives

From Yair Lenga <yair.le...@ssmb.com>
Subject Using DBCP for production projects
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:30:25 GMT
Greetings,

I am currently in the process of moving a small servlet based application into a new web server
(Netscape -> Apache). The project is using Sybase backend - and I need a good implementation
of a connection pool.

I hope that someone can provide me with some feedback regarding the quality of DBCP. Is it
currently "production" quality ? Is it being extensively used by other products / modules
?

Alternatively, can someone recommended another (public domain) generic connection pool that
will work with Tomcat 4.0 - ideally one that support the dataSource JDBC2 interface ?

Thanks
Yair Lenga