commons-dev mailing list archives

From Juozas Baliuka <>
Subject Re: Re: Db bean issue
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:40:11 GMT

 I tried simper, I think it is good idea for web applications,
It must be stable, because it very simple.
But  I need more "complex" in my projects, EJB too complex :(.
I hate most of j2ee stuf, but I use it. It because I need
Distributed,Persistent,Transactional and Secure Objects and I need
some standard interfaces for integrations.
One of the good standard ideas is JDO, I going to implement it
for simplestore (It is project in commons-sandbox-simplestore).
But I am not sure JDO is interesting for commons. May be we can start
discussion ? Almost all "good" JDO features are supported in simplestore
at this time, but no implementation for "standard" interfaces.
Microsoft, SUN can define "standards" and I think Open Source
developers can define standarts, and can do it better.

>Try this:
>On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 15:20, Jason R Lee wrote:
>> Hello anyone who's out there,
>> I have an 'issue' that is rearing its head again and wld like to get anyones take
on it. It concerns beans & db and the lack (or maybe not) of a kinda jakarta proj/framework
like struts, but addresses the back end.
>> I know, there's EJB, etc... But, after working on EJB and non-EJB projects, I'm not
convinved EJB is any more scalable or distributable than a good implementation of data aware
beans - or something along those lines.
>> I helped design a quite popular, big air travel site that took a non-EJB approach
and worked well and scaled across 15 Sun boxes without a hitch. However, the implementation
was a little complex and now that I'm working on another project, I'd like to have the same
thing at a simpler level.
>> So I guess I'm just kinda saying hi to the Commons proj and trying to see if anyone
has thought about this issue. Especially since there is no Jakarta sub-project or Commons
portion addressing this issue.