commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Handling of Commons Bugzilla Reports
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 05:28:02 GMT
I'd like to suggest a convention for nwe Bugzilla bug reports related to
Commons packages that has worked well for many other Jakarta projects --
make the initial owner of all bugs the commons-dev mailing list.  This
causes all new bug reports (and updates to them) to get reflected to the
COMMONS-DEV mailing list automatically, which increases their visibility.

The convention in other groups has been that, if you want to assign a
particular bug to yourself, go ahead and do so -- but add
commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org onto the "CC" list for that bug so that the
whole group can see the progress.

As a starter, I've changed the Commons packages that had me as the initial
owner to this new approach, and would be happy to change the rest of them
if we all think it's a good idea (or undo it if people don't like it).
What do you thinK?

Craig