commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject Can't build Collections
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:18:49 GMT
Attempting to build jakarta-collections tonight results in the following:

build-java:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\src\jakarta\jakarta-commons\collections\dist\classes

    [javac] Compiling 43 source files to
C:\src\jakarta\jakarta-commons\collecti
ons\dist\classes
    [javac]
C:\src\jakarta\jakarta-commons\collections\src\java\org\apache\commo
ns\collections\SynchronizedPriorityQueue.java:72:
org.apache.commons.collections
.SynchronizedPriorityQueue should be declared abstract; it does not define
inser
t(java.lang.Object) in
org.apache.commons.collections.SynchronizedPriorityQueue
    [javac] public final class SynchronizedPriorityQueue
    [javac]              ^
    [javac]
C:\src\jakarta\jakarta-commons\collections\src\java\org\apache\commo
ns\collections\SynchronizedPriorityQueue.java:118: incompatible types
    [javac] found   : java.lang.Object
    [javac] required: java.lang.Comparable
    [javac]         return m_priorityQueue.peek();
    [javac]                                    ^
    [javac]
C:\src\jakarta\jakarta-commons\collections\src\java\org\apache\commo
ns\collections\SynchronizedPriorityQueue.java:129: incompatible types
    [javac] found   : java.lang.Object
    [javac] required: java.lang.Comparable
    [javac]         return m_priorityQueue.pop();
    [javac]                                   ^
    [javac] 3 errors

Could someone fix this, please, or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

--
Martin Cooper