commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject Re: commons dbcp or pool problems
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 06:28:22 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwaldhof@us.britannica.com>
To: "'Jakarta Commons Developers List '" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 4:27 AM
Subject: RE: commons dbcp or pool problems

> > What is the status of commons dbcp?
> > Is this considered done
> > and production quality or it still in beta (or less?)
>
> IMO, commons-dbcp is production quality, indeed, I use it for a number
> of
> production applications.  We could do a 1.0 release pretty much anytime,
> although the documentation is probably insufficient, and the JOCL
> configuration should probably either be converted to digester or
> something
> like it, or JOCL moved to a stand-alone component.

What do you have in mind with regard to Digester-based configuration? I'd be
willing to take a crack at doing this if you could give me some pointers on
what you'd like to see. Bear in mind that I'm not exactly a JOCL expert. ;-)

I have a vested interest in seeing DBCP released soon, because we're going
to be releasing Struts 1.1 soon, and that relies on it...

--
Martin Cooper