commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Juozas Baliuka" <bali...@centras.lt>
Subject Re: Db bean issue
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:02:25 GMT
Hi,
simper and simplestore is not the same. Both of them are about persitense,
but
designed for diferent usage.
We don't have simper in commons at this time, it is very interesting and
simple solution for web appications.
Simplestore is some kind alternative for JDO, you can try free JDO
implementation based
on JDBC it distributed with Forte4j, it is some kind of NetBeans IDE.
We can implement JDO interfaces for simplestore if it is interesting. I
don't think
JDO is very good designed, but it is some kind of   Persitence standard for
JAVA a.k.a. "Transparent Persitence".

Ya, I guess turbine is more of a 'struts for the back end' so maybe i need
to narrow my approache or view like you're saying.

I checked out simper and EOB and my decision is still out on that. However,
I have managed to get the Commons DBCP to work and I'm thinking about
applying it to the practice mentioned in the March Dr. Dobbs, JAVA Q&A
by Michael J. Yuan. The source for anyone interested is here:
http://www.ddj.com/articles/2002/0203/
The author takes an interesting approach, altho the source is more useful
with the article itself.

Well, it's been good to read the suggestions and I look forward to further
discussions on this subject.

thanks,

jason